DYI Projects > Mount Your TV
Memorial Day DIY Project: Mount Your TV
Let's mount your tv! When it comes to mounting your tv over Memorial Day, this simple DIY handyman project can leave your home with amazing benefits that you probably have never thought about.
Benefits to Mounting Your TV
We've listed the top benefits to mounting your tv, and they include:
- Get the most out of your living space! Mounting a TV on the wall maximizes floor area in tight spaces, allowing other furniture or décor to take center stage. Perfect for apartments and small rooms with limited space, it's an easy way to make a big impact!
- Enjoy your favorite TV shows and movies in a more comfortable setting with the help of wall-mounted TVs. No need to worry about eye or neck strain due to poor viewing angles—simply adjust height and angle for optimal results!
- With the practical choice of mounting your TV on the wall, you may give your room a more modern, enhanced appearance. Along with giving the area a sleeker appearance, it also makes it simple to conceal all tangled cords and cables for a cleaner environment.
- Mounting your television on the wall is not just a stylish way to display it; it is also an essential safeguard for any home with small children or pets. By taking this precautionary measure, you can ensure that no accidents occur and avoid the potential risk of injury.
- Make it harder for potential burglars to make off with your television by securely mounting it on the wall, ensuring they must first dismantle the mount before making an attempt.
Ok, so now you know the benefits of mounting your tv, it's time to actually get to work!
How to Mount Your TV
Don't over think this! DIY projects link mounting your tv can be a simple and straightforward process. But first things first, let's gather the handyman materials. Below, find the materials needed to easily mount your tv.
Handyman Materials Needed
- TV Mount
- Wall mount bracket
- Wall Anchors
Now that you have the handyman materials, let's move to the fun part- actually mounting your tv. Follow the simple handyman steps below and you'll be finished in no time.
Steps to Mounting Your TV
Keep in mind that these steps to mount your tv may vary depending on the size of your project. Ready? Ok, let's do this!
- Pick the perfect spot for your TV to make sure you not only have enough room, but also get the most out of your viewing experience.
- Ensure your TV is mounted securely! Take a few minutes to find the studs in the wall, as this gives you peace of mind that it won't come crashing down. If there are none around where you want to hang, use wall anchors for an equally reliable hold.
- Get your wall mount secured and level! Start by using a leveling tool to make sure the bracket is in line. Then, mark where you'll need pilot holes with a pencil. Grab your drill for the next steps: once those are created, attach the bracket securely to the wall with screws plus some extra anchors just for safety's sake.
- To make sure your television is secure and stable, install it in accordance with the manufacturer's recommendations. For best results, appropriately balance its weight.
- Mounting a TV on the wall can be challenging and intimidating, but it doesn't have to be! With two sets of helping hands and some elbow grease, hanging your flat screen could not get any easier. Just make sure everyone keeps an eye on keeping things level—a few minor adjustments may need to take place for perfect viewing comfort.
- Ensure your TV is secure with the necessary screws and hardware provided. Mount it safely for an optimal viewing experience!
- To get the most out of your TV experience, link it up with extra devices like a soundbar or gaming console to really bring home entertainment alive.
- To ensure the TV is set up for optimal performance, make sure to give it a once-over. Turn on the device and check that everything functions as expected; then tweak its position until you find an angle that delivers the best possible viewing experience!
This amazing handyman DIY project of mounting your tv checks both boxes of being very rewarding and a DIY project that can be completed over Memorial Day weekend. As long as you have the handyman supplies you need and follow the steps above, your finish this project successfully.
You got this! And if anything, you can always hire a handyman if the handyman project becomes too overwhelming.