DYI Projects > Change Your Air Filters
Memorial Day DIY Project: Change Your Air Filters
Let's change your air filters! When it comes to changing your air filters over Memorial Day, this simple DIY property management project can leave your home with amazing benefits that you probably have never thought about.
Benefits to Changing Your Air Filters
We've listed the top benefits to changing your air filters, and they include:
- Breathe easy with air filters! Help keep your home's air quality at its best by using state-of-the art technology. Air filter systems are specially designed to trap dust, dirt, pollen and other particles from the atmosphere-- perfect for those prone to allergies or respiratory illnesses..
- Keeping clean air filters may appear to be a minor inconvenience, but it can have huge financial benefits! Replacing your air filter on a regular basis ensures that your HVAC system is functioning efficiently, resulting in more money in your pocket rather than increased energy bills.
- By just cleaning your air filter on a regular basis, you can keep your HVAC system from working too hard and potentially save money on future repairs. With this simple maintenance practice, you can extend its life!
- A simple switch in your air filter can make a world of difference in the comfortability and atmosphere of your home. With cleaner, fresher air running through it, you'll be able to experience improved temperature control while benefiting from increased airflow throughout each corner!
- Keeping your air filter clean and changing it regularly is essential to a smooth-running HVAC system. Do it now, and you can help avoid costly repairs or replacements in the future due to unexpected breakdowns!
Ok, so now you know the benefits of changing your air filters, it's time to actually get to work!
How to Change Your Air Filters
Don't over think this! DIY projects link changing your air filters can be a simple and straightforward process. But first things first, let's gather the property management materials. Below, find the materials needed to easily change your air filters.
Property Management Materials Needed
- Replacement air filter
- Vacuum or soft brush
Now that you have the property management materials, let's move to the fun part- actually changing your air filters. Follow the simple property management steps below and you'll be finished in no time.
Steps to Changing Your Air Filters
Keep in mind that these steps to change your air filters may vary depending on the size of your project. Ready? Ok, let's do this!
- Make sure you stay safe when changing the air filter - turn off the HVAC system to give yourself peace of mind.
- Uncover the access panel to find your air filter! It's usually hidden close by where fresh air is brought in or circulated.
- To ensure your engine is breathing clean air, take the step to replace the air filter. Open up its access panel and carefully remove it—you don't want any pesky particles entering! Just remember to wrap disposable filters in plastic before disposing of them; this will help keep unwanted debris from spreading.
- Keep your engine breathing easily! Take a few minutes to thoroughly vacuum and gently brush the air filter housing as well as its surroundings. Doing so allows for optimal performance of the new air filter, helping to keep your car running in tip-top shape.
- Installing a new air filter is a vital step in keeping your home's air quality clean. Place it carefully in its housing, making sure the arrows show which direction the airflow should move for best filtration!
- Secure the new air filter in place with a cover or access panel, and make sure it is tightly fastened! This will help keep your home free of any unwanted dust, debris, and airborne particles.
- Enjoy year-round comfort with a simple flick of the switch! Activate your HVAC system to keep cool, fresh air flowing throughout each room. Monitor it for any bumps in the road, then relax knowing you can create an atmosphere that's perfect, be it balmy or chillier days ahead.
This amazing property management DIY project of changing your air filters checks both boxes of being very rewarding and a DIY project that can be completed over Memorial Day weekend. As long as you have the property management supplies you need and follow the steps above, your finish this project successfully.
You got this! And if anything, you can always hire a property manager if the property management project becomes too overwhelming.