DYI Projects > Clean Your Windows
Clean Your Windows
Let's clean your windows! When it comes to cleaning your windows over Memorial Day, this simple DIY window cleaning project can leave your home with amazing benefits that you probably have never thought about.
Benefits to Cleaning Your Windows
We've listed the top benefits to cleaning your windows, and they include:
- Clean windows can add a sparkle of life to any home or office, transforming the space with an inviting brightness and improved views. On top of that, flooding in more natural light from these crystal-clear panes will have you feeling refreshed and energized!
- Dust, pollen, and all kinds of allergens can lurk on dirty windows. Without regular cleaning, these particles will settle in the air, polluting your home or office with poor-quality breathable oxygen; however, frequent window wiping provides clear skies for fresh living!
- Your windows are valuable investments; protect them! Regular cleaning can help preserve their surface, so you don't end up with scratches and cracks that degrade the quality of your view. Keep up on window maintenance to maximize how long they last.
- Sparkling windows are essential to a cost-effective, energy-efficient home. Not only do they bring in natural light and warmth from the sun, but they also help seal out those pesky winter drafts or sweltering summer breezes, cutting your utility bills year-round!
- Over time, the elements can take their toll on your windows and frames, but regular cleaning will help protect your property investment! Unchecked dirt and grime buildup creates an opportunity for costly damage to occur, so don't let it go unchecked. Instead, make sure you keep up with routine window cleaning that'll leave them looking sparkly and shining!
Ok, so now you know the benefits of cleaning your windows, it's time to actually get to work!
How to Clean Your Windows
Don't over think this! DIY projects link cleaning your windows can be a simple and straightforward process. But first things first, let's gather the window cleaning materials. Below, find the materials needed to easily clean your windows.
Window Cleaning Materials Needed
- Improved aesthetics
- Better indoor air quality
- Increased lifespan of windows
- Energy savings
- Preventing damage to your property
Now that you have the window cleaning materials, let's move to the fun part- actually cleaning your windows. Follow the simple window cleaning steps below and you'll be finished in no time.
Steps to Cleaning Your Windows
Keep in mind that these steps to clean your windows may vary depending on the size of your project. Ready? Ok, let's do this!
- Get your home sparkling clean with the right supplies! Grab a bucket, squeegee, and your favorite cleaner to get started. Next up is something to scrub away dirt; grab either a sponge or scratcher for that job. Finally, complete the cleaning process with some lint-free cloths or microfiber towels; you'll be ready in no time!
- For a squeaky-clean window frame, start by lightly brushing away any dust or cobwebs before giving it an extra special shine with your vacuum and its soft brush attachment.
- To make your window shine, mix warm water with a few drops of dish soap or use something from the store for that extra sparkle. Careful though—harsh chemicals and abrasive cleaners can cause permanent damage to both glass and frames, so avoid those!
- A burst of cleaning will revitalize your window! Rinse your scrubber or sponge around in circles from top to bottom in the cleaning solution. This will result in a flawless finish on all sides of the glass surface.
- Refresh the window with a squeegee. Begin your transformation at the top corner of the pane and uniformly move downward in one swift motion. After each sweep, remember to give your blade an invigorating wipe on a fresh cloth for flawless results!
- To ensure a sparkling clean window, use lint-free cloths or microfiber towels to wipe away all traces of moisture, from the edges and corners right down to the frame and sill.
- Carefully examine the window for any visible imperfections and take the time to ensure a streak-free, spotless finish using your squeegee or cloth. Give it that extra shine by vigorously removing all traces of moisture!
- With both sides clean, your window will sparkle in the sunlight! Ensure that no dirt or grime is left behind by repeating the cleaning process on either side.
This amazing DIY project of cleaning your windows checks both boxes of being very rewarding and a DIY project that can be completed over Memorial Day weekend. As long as you have the window cleaning supplies you need and follow the steps above, your finish this project successfully.
You got this! And if anything, you can always hire a window cleaner if the window cleaning project becomes too overwhelming.