|The Memorial Day Web Site's mission is to promote the true meaning of the holiday, to be a central point for finding information on the day, and to provide an online community for people to share their feelings, pride, respect and honor for those that gave the ultimate sacrifice.|
There are several ways you can help spread the word about this site and its mission:
- Contact your local newspaper, radio and television stations. Tell them about this site.
- Take out a newspaper ad or write a letter to the editor, promoting the true meaning of Memorial Day. If you agree that Memorial Day needs to be returned to it's former day of observance, promote that as well.
- Teachers: think about taking a day to teach the history and meaning of Memorial Day to your students. This can include lecturing, but it can also include having Memorial Day as a topic for a research paper or essay.
- Actively observe Memorial Day as it should be observed. Our actions can help promote the meaning of the day.
- Add a link to the Memorial Day Website to your Web page. Instructions, sample link code, banners / logos can be found at: www.usmemorialday.org/linking.htm
- Wear or display Memorial Day Stickers, Buttons and Magnets;
- Spread the word to your friends (but do not spam!)
Thank you for your support.
© 1994 - 2009 SUVCW & David Merchant
Updated 4 April 2009