- 9 April 2001.
- "Congratulations! Family Tree Magazine at www.familytreemagazine.com has chosen your Memorial Day Web site as Site of the Day for May 30, 2000, because we think it will be a wonderful online resource for our readers....your site will be indexed in our Select Site Resource Guide at:" www.familytreemagazine.com/categories.asp.
"Family Tree Magazine is the new magazine about discovering, preserving and celebrating your family's history."
- NY Times Site of the Day, 26 May 2000
- GOLDEN WEBPAGE AWARD of EXCELLENCE, 2000.
- "For academic value, historic importance, innovation and service to veteran and military servicepersons, and United States military history... MEMORIAL DAY was voted by the Regents of The American War Library as a 1997 BEST VETERAN / MILITARY WORLD WIDE WEBSITE."
- Blue Web'n Learning Applications Library: "Each site included in this database has been selected and reviewed by an Education First Fellow. Your inclusion in the database is an honor reserved for the best instructional lessons, activities, projects, resources, references, and tools on the Web."
History & Social Studies (U.S. History) [Dewey #973].
- (Link now defunct: http://www.virtuocity.com/family.html)
- "FLY WITH EAGLES" award presented by HART Enterprises [http://www.hart1.com/Eagles.htm], 1997. " This award was implemented because in 1984, as the result of an accident while serving as an officer on active duty with the US Army, I became a quadriplegic, paralyzed from the chest down. In a veterans hospital for 10 months, I was among many young men struggling to put a sense of worth back into their lives. I always admired our national symbol, the bald eagle, for its strength, courage and beauty, and its ability to soar on the slightest of winds. It was what those of us in the hospital were trying to do - muster up the strength and courage to live our lives with the least amount of help. Now I am in a position financially, physically, and spiritually to recognize others for their efforts. Thus, the "Fly With Eagles" award was born. We surf the net looking for worthy web pages, and, in some cases, web pages are recommended to us. Your respect for proper NET ETHICS and your ability to display your web page in a LOGICAL, INFORMATIVE, and CREATIVE format places you among only a handful of webmasters that have received this award.
LTC USA (Ret)
Life Member of the Paralyzed Veterans of America
- Oneonta Plus Picks May 1996 and May 1997 (Link now defunct: http://esp.norwich.net/otsego/opluspix.htm)
Seven Wonders' Education and Information Site of the Week on May 12th 1998.
- Featured 26 May 1997 on Jim Spaeth's An Internet Moment nationally (USA) syndicated radio broadcast.
- This site was mention in the Seattle Times 11/10/96: "Unusual site brings together photos of memorials to American soldiers who died in various wars, casualty files, POW/MIA info, history of the holiday and more."
- Sundial Hot Links for the month of May 1996.
- This site was awarded a Times Pick by the Los Angeles Times on 24-May-96.
- 25 May 1998.
© 1994 - 2009 SUVCW & David Merchant
Updated 4 April 2009